Step 1: Prepare required documentation for visa application including airlines and hotel bookings. See checklist highlighted in green
NOTE: Please bring all documents in original + coloured copy in A4 size, single sided format. The embassy will not make copies for you. Please DO NOT STAPLE the pages together.
Note that the Hungarian authorities may request additional supporting documents.
The visa application can be submitted 3 months before the travel date, at earliest!
Step 2: Make an appointment at the Embassy of Hungary in your country
Book your appointment here to submit your student visa applications only (Type-D visa).
At the moment, you can only book the appointments until July 31st, 2020.
For all countries not listed on the link above, please contact the Embassy of Hungary or Consulate in your country, or the nearest country to you.
NOTE: As of July 1, 2020 all Schengen visit visa application centres are temporarily closed! This means that students cannot be accompanied by family members for travel to Hungary. Please check here for further updates on visit visa applications.
Step 3: Head to your student visa application appointment at the Embassy of Hungary
Make sure to have a credit or debit card to pay the visa application fee of 265AED in the UAE, please check with the Hungarian Embassy in your country of residence for the fees. No cash will be accepted!
It is possible that Hungarian authorities might request additional supporting documents.
Step 4: Wait 4 weeks for the visa
Should the visa application be refused by Hungarian authorities there is no refund of the visa application fee.
Step 5: Check for any changes in travel restrictions
Check with the airlines, Hungary and the country of point of entry (if not Hungary) for any new travel restrictions, documentation, PCR testing or mandatory quarantine requirements.
Health and Safety Measures:
Note: Information needed closer to the travel date
1. Please keep up to date with any changes in quarantine requirements upon arrival to Hungary.
2. As of March 2021, there is a 10 day mandatory quarantine requirement
3. PCR tests made outside of the EU or not recognised.
4. Visit www.bud.hu for up-to-date travel information and restrictions.
5. Before travel, you will need to apply for a travel permit from the Hungarian Police, once you have your travel dates, let us know and we will provide you with up-to-date information accordingly.
PCR Testing vs Quarantine
At the moment, international travellers are required to undergo a mandatory, strict, 10 day quarantine. If you would like to shorten the quarantine period, the only way is to take two PCR tests a minimum of 48 hours apart, after arrival to Hungary, both of which should be negative. If you would like to go through the PCR testing please follow the steps below:
1. We highly advise to take a PCR test prior to departure whether your airline requires it or not, so that you can rest assured that you are negative upon arrival.
2. Book a PCR test to be done at the Budapest airport, upon arrival. Please book your PCR test at the airport in advance, payment can be done on arrival.
3. Also book in advance a second PCR test at a testing centre close to you. For more advice on this, let us know if you opt for this option and we will assist with testing centre locations and procedures.
4. To get out of quarantine early through PCR testing, application for police permits are required, additional information will be provided for this.
VISA APPLICATION DOCUMENTATION CHECKLIST
Please print and fill in both documents below:
Call or What'sApp: +971502223564
Univer360 is the Official Representative of the following universities in Hungary:
Semmelweis University, Budapest
University of Veterinary Medicine, Budapest (UNIVET)
Budapest University of Technology & Economics (BME)
McDaniel College, Budapest
University of Szeged
University of Pécs
© Copyright 2020 All rights reserved.
Univer360 FZ LLC, U.A.E.